Thursday, April 5, 2007

Net Native in the P-I

Today's Net Native addresses an issue that we seem to dance around quite a bit in the newspaper industry--the fact that we are quickly moving into a paperless future...I have been reading and thinking about this quite a bit since it relates both to my day-to-day work and my interest in Digital Literacies. The Atlantic Monthly also ran a story about this last December. This change is exciting for those of us who don't like newsprint on our fingers and more recycling to deal with in a small one-bedroom apartment...less so for the traditionalists who seem to think there is something inherently better about reading the daily news in paper form than online. Online news is cheaper, more current, and more convenient than the paper form...newsrooms will adapt to the change and those that don't will die off. This is an exciting time to work in this otherwise stogy industry, in my opinion.

No comments: