Tuesday, April 3, 2007

switching gears




Hi. Elizabeth here again.

Now that my digital literacies class is over, I am trying to decide what to do with this blog. Because it is titled "New Literacy Studies" I feel it would be wrong to change the topic to something I spend my day thinking more about like, say, doilies or cats. So I will stick to education. One can't exactly do a PhD in doilies, now, can one? Though if any discipline could include a study on doilies it may actually be New Literacy Studies. But I digress...my point was that I may end up writing more broadly about issues of education that I encounter in my classes...this quarter I am taking a history of educational philosophy course that will probably provide some good food for thought.

Another goal of mine is to participate in posting more on other education-related blogs. What is the point in putting this online if no one is really reading it? And it seems the best way to make friends online is to be a friend. Speaking of friends, my good friend Elizabeth Stohr just invited me to be on facebook. Against my better judgment, I joined. Now I am completely obsessed with the fact that I feel I am too old to have a profile and someone is going to call me out on that any day...I feel like such a 31-year-old poser.

In other news, I am picking up my papers from last quarter today. Once I read and revise them, I *may* post them here for feedback. It depends on how awful I realize they really are upon reading them weeks later with more sleep the night before.

I may also turn my attention toward figuring out exactly why I am in school and what I am here to study. It turns out that no one else is going to figure that out for me--damnit.

More soon.
ecd.

PS--This photo doesn't have doilies in it, but one gets the feeling that they are not far out of the picture...

1 comment:

DhiRAj SinGh said...

Interesting... I specially like the term 'new literacies'... I'd suggest you keep the name coz blogging is that, innit?