Thursday, March 8, 2007

the generation gap

The Seattle P-I ran what I thought was a pretty cute article today about a young person whose parents signed up for Facebook. This is a new column called "Net Native", written by a young woman--I am excited to see where it goes. The website for the P-I is really great--almost every article has a forum to post comments--but this one got some harsh reviews. Apparently young people's digital literacies are not considered "news"...I am actually considering posting a comment (in the spirit of trying out these "new literacies" myself), but it would probably take me a day to compose it and I still have a paper to write...sigh.

On that note, sorry I haven't replied to comments yet. It is on my to-do list, the second this quarter is truly over.

ecd

No comments: